We have continued to work diligently to ensure that we are providing you with the safest environment possible for your dental care; offering above and beyond the recommended precautions set out by Ontario Health and the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario. There are some changes in the appearance of the office, and the type of personal protective equipment that our team may be wearing and of course the extra measures that we ask of you, which include:
- You will confirm your appointment through text, email, or phone as previous.
- We ask that you arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to complete the screening protocols
- When you arrive at the office, you will check in by responding to your reminder text “HERE” or by calling the office – please DO NOT enter the office until we have performed the proper screening procedures.
- Our COVID screening questionnaire will be done with you, over the phone, prior to entering the office and you will remain outside or in your car until we are ready to see you for your treatment.
- You are asked to put your mask on, prior to entering the office; if you do not have one, we will provide one for you for your first visit but you will be required to obtain your own for all future visits – please wear your mask until your provider asks you to remove it for treatment.
- If possible, please refrain from bringing purses, backpacks, or other bags/purses into the office.
- Upon entering the office, you are asked to use the hand sanitizer provided in the entrance.
- Your temperature will be taken by one of our administrative team members; if your temperature reading indicates no fever and all screening questions have indicated no symptoms of COVID-19, only then will we proceed with treatment.
- After treatment, you will be asked to place your mask back on and use hand sanitizer before leaving your treatment room and proceeding to the front desk.
- We ask that you bring your own pen with you if possible, should anything need to be signed.
- We ask that you minimize surface contact throughout the office as much as possible.
- The washroom will be sanitized after each use so it can now only be accessed by key; please ask the front desk for the key if you need.
- For those who have paid by cash in the past, please note that we are no longer accepting cash as a form of payment and will ONLY be accepting Visa, Mastercard or Debit.
- For the time being and for the unforeseeable future, your annual or bi-annual exam will take place at a separate appointment; however, please remember that your exam is an extremely important part of your overall care so we will be sure to schedule this as a separate visit as soon as possible.
Please note: Only the patient with the appointment will be allowed to enter the office unless the need for a parent/guardian or care provider is required to either escort the patient into the office/treatment room and/or remain with them in the treatment room; they will also be required to pass our COVID screening questionnaire, have their temperature taken and they to wear a mask for the duration of the time that they are in the office and use hand sanitizer accordingly as well. If not required to be present with them in the treatment room then we ask them to return to their car or outside until the patient’s treatment is finished; at which time we will text or call them to come back in.
When scheduling any family appointments on the same day, please remember that there will be at least a 30-minute wait between appointments and start times may be staggered if scheduling with both hygienists at the same time.
As we must adhere to very strict guidelines when scheduling treatment of any kind, making it a more structured and arduous task, we ask that you please carefully consider your appointment and select a day and time that is most convenient for you as our schedules will not be as flexible as you’ve been used to and the need to reschedule could significantly delay your treatment even further.
We thank you for your continued cooperation in helping us to ensure the safety of all of us. It has always been an honour that you have placed your trust in March Dental to take care of your oral health care needs and we hope that you continue to do so.
See you soon!
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
All dental offices are practising based on their individual office set-up and number of care providers available. Please understand that when/if comparing the procedures and protocols of one office to another, that can be like comparing apples to oranges without knowing the specifics of each individual office.